Part 1: Context dos and don’ts
- K. de Vries, “Attic Pottery in the Achaemenid Empire,” American Journal of Archaeology 81 (1977), pp. 544-48.
- L. Steel, “A Goodly Feast … A Cup of Mellow Wine: Feasting in Bronze Age Cyprus,” in The Mycenean Feast. J. C. Wright, ed. Princeton: American School of Classical Studies, 2004. Pp. 163-80.
Part 2: Standardisation & Diversity
- A. Kotsonas, “Standardizaton, variation, and the study of ceramics in the Mediterranean and beyond,” in A. Kotsonas, ed. Understanding Standardization and Variation in Mediterranean ceramics. Peeters: Leuven 2014. Pp. 7-23.
- L. Benco, “Diversity in ceramic production: A case study from Medieval North Africa,” in C. L. Redman, ed. Medieval Archaeology: Papers of the Seventh Annual Conference at the Center for Medieval and Early Rennaissance Studies. Binghamton, 1989. Pp. 97-118.
- I. Berg, “The meanings of standardization: Conical cups in the late Bronze Age Aegean,” Antiquity 78 (2004), pp. 74-85.