The articles below are from Near Eastern Archaeology, A Reader, S. Richard, ed. (Eisenbrauns: Winona Lake IN, 2003):
- David Ilan, “The Middle Bronze Age (circa 2000-1500 B.C.E.),” pp. 331-342.
- Albert Leonard, Jr., “The Late Bronze Age,” pp. 349-356.
- Randall Younker, “The Iron Age in the Southern Levant,” pp. 367-382.
- Charles E. Carter, “Syria-Palestine in the Persian Period,” pp. 398-412.
- Andrea M. Berlin, “The Hellenistic Period,” pp. 418-433.
The chapters below are from The Archaeology of Society in the Holy Land, T. Levy, ed. (Facts on File: New York, 1995):
- Joseph Patrich, “Church, State and the Transformation of Palestine – The Byzantine Period (324-640 CE),” pp. 471-487.
- Donald Whitcomb, “Islam and the Socio-Cultural Transition of Palestine – Early Islamic Period (638-1099 CE),” pp. 488-501.
- Ronnie Ellenblum, “Settlement and Society Formation in Crusader Palestine,” pp. 502-511.
- Myriam Rosen-Ayalon, “Between Cairo and Damascus: Rural Life and Urban Economics in the Holy Land During the Ayyubid, Mamluk and Ottoman Periods,” pp. 512-523.